View Single Post
January 18th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, Norina! I'm sorry that there is so much stress in your life right now, especially directly surrounding you and your baby and your futures! Not that it matters, but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in: This friend was one of the few, it sounds, who was there for you in one of the most painful periods of your life, more so than, say, Nathanael's family. He lets you talk to them and THAT'S certainly not healthy. This friend did nothing wrong, and neither have you by texting her. You're an adult, which means that you finally get to choose your own friends. He hasn't always been there for you (sorry), so again, I don't think that he has much room to judge this woman!

I agree that you should be able to go to a counselor together first before the family meeting. It's a GREAT idea, in fact. You both need a chance to get together on it before you undoubtedly feel bombarded. (Again, going into this knowing that it's going to be, as you said, a s#!t on Norina meeting, you need all the friends and positive people you can get, including that friend.) You need to feel like you can trust him to act as a father and partner and to show that you and your baby together are his top priorities, not his sniveling brother and holier-than-thou mother. (Sorry...again, this reminds me of my family WAY too much...and I'm always in YOUR position!) He's also an adult with adult responsibilities. His mother raised him to go out and seek happiness. He's found it and she should be proud of herself for doing her job. His brother should be proud that Nathanael found a woman who wouldn't kill the brother on the street.

That said, I hope that you're feeling better about the whole thing this evening...was this argument tonight or earlier today? Is he going to go to a counselor? If he and the family and everything else stress you out too much, for your and your baby's sakes, you have every right to pull back and demand more patience and understanding than they're offering.

(((((HUGS))))) to you, sweetie, and I hope you get some well-deserved rest tonight!