View Single Post
September 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Margaret
I am completely 100% pro-life. I believe life has value from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death. I find any abortion to be just as offensive as the next. It sometimes bothers me the way people jump all over partial birth abortion and talk about how sick and horrible it is - why is it more horrible than any other abortion? Is it, as a PP said, that it so inhumane? Do you think that abortions done earlier are not painful? they most certainly are! Why would someone who does not value a baby's life all of a sudden value it just because the body is born?

I find Katastic's position to be very consistant:

"I am pro-choice, until any time, for any number of times.

I believe a woman has the right to abort whenever, and however often, she wants. I don't believe the fetus is a child or has the rights of a child until they are born."

While I find it to be a very sad and disturbing position, at least it is consistant in its disregard for human life.
So many people claim to be pro-life, or claim to be "personally" pro-life or say they are pro-life except in certain circumstances. Either an unborn life is worth protecting or it isn't. Why should I be more horrified if a baby is murdered at 40 weeks gestation rather than 25 weeks? just because the baby is bigger? Just because they baby would have an easier time surviving on its own? Is the murder of a one month old not as shocking or as horrible as the murder of a one year old simply because she has been alive for longer and is bigger?

I agree with all of you that partial birth abortion is horrible but I personally think ALL abortion is horrible and am not surprised at all that we have gotten to a point in this country where we would do such a thing. We don't value life in this country so why not kill perfectly healthy babies as they are being born??

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII