View Single Post
September 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
just me
Quote:
I think you def have to enjoy YA urban fantasy to truly enjoy the books...Stephenie Meyer just has a talent of sucking you in and making you want to know more...even now that the final book has been written I want more of the story...

I was pretty heartbroken when she announced she was putting Midnight Sun on indefinite hold the first 12 chapters were awesome and to read them and compare to Twilight it really helped me understand Edward alot more...

Another great series is the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare...City of Bones and City of Ashes...City of Glass will be out in March '09...they are teenage *shadowhunters* (demon hunters) that grow up in New York...it has vampires and werewolves and what not and it has a much deeper storyline...(its also written in 3rd person POV so you get an idea of what all the diff characters are like)...

Wow...SORRY for taking over your topic Jess! Once I get on my bookwork shpeel I can't stop!!! [/b]
Oh I do! Don't get me wrong. I just don't think that the twilight books were that well written. Yes, they sucked me in. Why? Because I liked Jacob, and had to find out what was happening with him. Bella just annoyed the crap out of me. I spent all my time reading that series wondering why I was reading it. I think the only emotional reaction from her I accepted as "real" was in the last book, when she wouldn't let Edward and Carlisle "fix" her problem (not getting any more specific than that for Jess's sake). But then, I still sort of detest her. I'll end here....if you want to read my critique/rant of the series after finishing Breaking Dawn, you can read my blog entry (here)

Okay, I'm done. (((I just have to add, that I loved Stephenie Meyer's other book "The Host." It's labelled for adults, rather than YA, and I think she "tried harder" in the writing. I'm just disappointed she didn't give that much attention to Twilight)))