View Single Post
October 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! My Mom is home with me now. We got some good news/bad news in her situation. Good news is that she didn't have a heart attack and they found no blockages. Bad news is that there isn't much they can do to prevent this from happening again. Apparently, Mom has VERY small arteries and has chest spasms which in her case causes temporary blockages, severe chest pain, and can cause a heart attack if the spasm does not go away in a timely manner. She is to continue keeping her blood pressure & cholesterol under control, have the nitro pills with her at all times, and if the spasms don't go away after taking the nitro pills to immediately head to the emergency room. The poor thing is all black & blue from being poked so much these past few days, and is quite weak but is starting to feel better. She's currently enjoying her coffee (decaf of course) and some wheat toast for breakfast. She's an early riser like me, and has been up for a little while. I have to go back into work today, but will check in with her frequently.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!