View Single Post
October 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was a very interesting day emotionally for me. I woke up, got dressed for work, and everything was relatively normal until I got in the car and started driving. I was about halfway there when that song from TARZAN came on the radio, "You'll Be In My Heart." I started crying as I remembered that it was October 3. If I hadn't miscarried last spring, October 3 would have been my due date.

I got to school and my wonderful coworker Trudy consoled me and reminded me that it was completely normal to feel sad about my loss. I guess I was kind of feeling guilty since I've got this healthy, overly-athletic baby bouncing inside me now and I felt like there shouldn't be room to be sad, but it was nice to hear from somebody that no matter what, you never really get over the pain that comes from losing a child at any stage of life.

So, school starts. I've pulled myself together and I'm ready for a very average Friday. I realize something is very odd in my classroom. My students are acting very strange, even for them! What is going on here??? I know that something fishy is going on.

I get called down to the office around 9:10. When I get back to my room at 9:15, it's covered in streamers and balloons. Cookies & soda line our reading table. There's a banner on the wall that says "It's a Boy!"

No freaking way... my class threw me a BABY SHOWER!! HA!!!!

My kids were so dang cute. About 8 kids had brought presents which I anxiously tore open as they watched. Blankets, teddy bears, baby lotions... I was ecstatic! It was exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it.

And thus the emotional rollercoaster of a pregnant 6th grade teacher continues...

******UPDATE**********
I finally got my camera home so I could take a pic of the presents my students got me for my "Surprise Class Baby Shower". Some cute outfits, a couple blankets, even a teething ring!! ADORABLE!!!! My kids are the coolest!

OMG!!! I just barely noticed the funniest thing ever!!!!! See that big green thing at the bottom of the pic?? Can you guess what that is???
IT'S MY BELLY!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Always in the way!!!!

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!