View Single Post
October 7th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I took Thea to the health department yesterday (they do vaccinations there instead at the pediatrician's). I know one of the nurses there from when I was pregnant the third and fourth time. I always really liked her and she was really helpful in making me realize that I can take control of my medical care and ask questions and get testing done.
She came to the waiting room to call the people ahead of me and was so excited to see me with a baby finally! It was our turn next and Karen stopped and asked the other ladies there if they remembered me (one other did too). Then she told them about my four losses and was telling everyone how Thea is such a miracle! She even asked if they had found out anything more about my losses and what I did differently this time. She said that seeing us made her day. And she held Thea for a while and played with her before they did the vaccinations.
It was so nice that she remembers so much of my story and was so happy for me. It almost took away the awfulness of my poor baby getting shots, but not quite (that was hell btw - i cried!)