View Single Post
October 8th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my first appointment went better than I expected today. I haven't really had any nausia yet, but this morning, eating my breakfast, I got sick half way through it. I'm not sure if I should chalk it up to nerves because of the appt. or if it is the start of morning sickness. It was harder than I thought going back to the same doctors office. This appoint was only to "confirm" the pregnancy (like the 10 sticks I've peed on aren't proof enough) so they scheduled me with the midwife. I have to say, I absolutely LOVED the midwife. She spent so much more time with me discussing details and making me feel comfortable. It became quite clear to me that my original OB was more of a "surgeon". I've decided to stick with the midwife for the whole pregnancy. She put my on pelvic rest (for precautionary reasons) until after the 1st u/s. I also found out I have a UTI, so she gave me antiboics for that as well. I got my script for prenatal vitamins and my appointment for my first ultrasound. It is scheduled for Monday, October 27th. It is late in the afternoon so dh will be able to come with me. That will be a big relief. I can call on Friday or Monday and get my numbers, but I'm thinking I might just be better off not knowing. I don't know -- maybe I'll change my mind by Friday. Anyway -- I think the appointment was a great success. Now, I just have to wait untill 10/27 to hopefully see my baby's hearbeat.