View Single Post
October 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Veteran
Thank you both for your input! Since I'll be in my second trimester it shouldn't be a problem. I had read that if you can avoid going to the dentist while pregnant..then to do so. I take good care of my teeth, brush twice a day and floss every day. I'll let the dentist office know that I am pregnant when I go in for my cleaning. I know better than to get any x-rays. That's why I made sure to have my dentist check for problems before I tried to conceive.

One worry I have about the whole dental issue is fluoride. I have been avoiding fluoride for a while now, and especially after I read that it can interfere with how the placenta is attached to the uterus. This is a concern of mine because of the Rh factor, I'm O Negative and DH AB Positive. I'll let the hygienist know that I wish to avoid fluoride exposure. I bought some fluoride-free toothpaste a few weeks ago. It actually does a great job at cleaning my teeth and leaving a nice minty taste in my mouth. I'm curious to see how my dentist will feel about that.