View Single Post
October 23rd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ga. Code 31-1-9 (1999, 2002) allows a mother to breastfeed in any location where she is otherwise authorized to be, provided that she acts in a discreet and modest way. [Act 304; SB 29] The statute was amended in 2002 to add that the breastfeeding of a baby should be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health. (S.B. 221)

Ga. Code 34-1-6 (1999) allows employers to provide daily unpaid break time for a mother to express breast milk for her infant child. Employers are also required to make a reasonable effort to provide a private location, other than a toilet stall, in close proximity to the work place for this activity. The employer is not required to provide break time if to do so would unduly disrupt the workplace operations.

I am impressed with GA, to be honest. When I was nursing my son, an kept myself well covered in a discrete place, I still would get looks from people. THat was back in 2000. Maybe things have changed. A lot of southerners are very private about personal things.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!