View Single Post
January 27th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rachel_claire Send a message via Yahoo to rachel_claire
Boy do I have a good story for you all!
So here I am, 23 weeks pregnant with my first child, and I think about how it all started. I'm 20 years old and my husband, Ray, is 29....quite the difference.
How it all started was when I was working for a Saturn dealership selling cars (which I do not recommend if you want to keep any sanity you have left) and Ray is a mechanic there. We met in April, 2005 and actually started spending time together in June. We had no intentions of being in a serious relationship, which I think was the foundation for a healthy marriage. I have no expectations of him and he has none for me. We are like best friends and we always think on the same level as one another.
Anyway, we were hanging out in June (not in a relationship) but we were so happy and we had so much fun together, everyone was convinced we were perfect for eachother. Then came the day I found out I was pregnant...the middle of September...that's only 5 months from the time I even MET him. I was so worried that it would screw up our situation (I say situation because we weren't technically together) I had no idea how to tell him. I mean, honestly, we just met eachother that year and we weren't even dating...what would I do? I couldn't have another abortion, that would ruin my life and our friendship. I thought that even if I did choose to keep the baby, I would end up doing it all alone... But I had to tell him, so I sat him down one night and told him in a fit of tears and confusion. I had no idea what he would say, if he would be mad at me, or sad, or not care at all.
As soon as I told him, he got the biggest smile on his face and he just took me in his arms and told me that he was happy and he would support whatever decision I made. He said that he knew it was a selfish thing but he wanted me to keep the baby but even if I didn't he would be there for me. A few days later I told him that he was going to be a father and that was the first time he said "I love You". My heart sank and I was completely head-over-heels for him from that moment on.
I wasn't planning on getting married, already so much has happened to me...I mean, I meet the guy in April and get pregnant in August! Once I told my mother I was pregnant and keeping him, the first thing she said was "Is he gonna marry you?" I just said to her, one step at a time...and left it at that. Sure enough, he asked me after a very expensive italian dinner and a walk by a waterfall. Here's the funny thing, He asked me on a Sunday, and exactly one week later, Sunday, October 2nd, we were married!!! Hey, time is of the essence!!!! Our wedding was beautiful. It took place on my mothers 8 acre farm and it had a nice Autumn theme. It was simple with maybe 30 guests, but it was the best day of my life!
Ray is the most amazing man I have ever met. He treats me like a GODDESS I was amazed at how he stepped up to the plate and took care of me. I don't have to work, he waits on me hand and foot, I just couldn't believe I found a man that many DREAM of. To this day, we are the happiest we've ever been and I cannot wait to see how he is with our son.
I just wanted to share that with you because it's crazy how all this happened. Alot of people had doubts about our marriage and said we would never make it, but I think the way it all happened and how it started out as a great friendship became the foundation for a great marriage. Thanks for reading this, it is pretty long, but these things don't happen every day, right??