View Single Post
October 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
Hi all,

I have so enjoyed being a part of this group. Here's my question...please tell me I am not crazy. Jack's VSD is being medically managed, so they say that it should not be affecting his eating. Still, he fights eating. He cries and screams when we try to feed him. We have tried every combo of BM and formula, bottles, nipples, temperature, etc...that's not it! We did the barium swallow and he doesn't have reflux. He screams all of the time, inconsolably. He WILL NOT let us put im down, EVER. He screams.I think he is hungry, but he won't eat. The doctors have pretty much given us the....well, this is just the child you were given vibe. But I know I am not crazy! He was born full-term at 5.5lbs, with an abnormally small placenta that was severely infected. My husband and I are almost 6 feet. No one knows what the infection was. No one can give us any 'condition' that he might have. The ped seems to think that dropper feeding him at 3 months is the way to go. I feel like we are missing something. He struggles to be in the 2% for growth, and that's with us force feeding him. But most importantly, he seems just miserable and it breaks my heart. I don't really know where to go from here, as I am not a dr, but I feel defeated that no one else seems to think there is a problem. Is this just in my head?? Do I just have to suck it up, and have my baby be miserable indefinitely? Is this normal behavior for heart babies?

Thanks for listening,
Jennifer