View Single Post
January 29th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Veteran
Well I may be the queen of overracting, but I say it's our right as pregnant women to take avantage of our hormones, and just let it all out. I don't think you're overracting at all. I'd be pretty upset if my man threatened me like that.
To be honest, after hearing him say he'dmake you "pay for it" I would have replied "oh yeah, what are you going to do? Hit me? Just try it buddy! No? Well don't ever ####ing threaten me again!" Then I'd push him over, and walk away and sit at the kitchen table and bawl my eyes out to make him feel bad and make him come to ME and appologize! But that's just me...I'm sure you handled it better than that, which is a good sign that you're not overracting.

The other night, my man and I were watching TV and I was soooo comfy that I was about to fall asleep, and then he starts complaining about how he's tired and needs to go to bed. Well I just about flipped on him! I was like "You're such a big whiny baby! Fine go to sleep then!" I got up and stormed to the bedroom. He follows me in all pissed and saying "what the h### is your problem!" And I was like, "you know, just once I'd like to fall asleep on the couch with you! We've been together almost a year, and never once have we done that! You always have to plan everything! Just once I'd like that, but obviously you're just not the type of person who can do that!" Then he says (in this way that just makes me want to slap him) "you know what, give me SPACE! You're being annoying!" So I got up, grabbed my pillow and went to go to the couch. Then, he follows me, and says, "what are you doing?!!!" And I said "Giving you space!" Then he got all pissy saying that's not what he meant..., and I just told him to stop taking everything so personally, I'm pregnant in case he didn't realize, and I just had a mood swing, and he just needed to chill! But he stormed back off to bed all pissed, and I spent the night on the couch (which isn't a bad thing, the couch feels better on my back and tummy then the bed, so it worked out to my advantage!!). All this to say that men can most definately be pissy! But you know what, don't stop yourself from reacting to it. You're pregnant! So if something pisses you off, then it pisses you off! No sense in fighting that! You just need to know how to express it that's all. And I'm not the best person to talk to when it comes to that, as you can see....lol

Have a little chat with him and just let him know how you felt about it. It's best to do it now that you've both cooled off anyway. Good luck.. He was probably just having a crappy day.