View Single Post
January 29th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Forever missing Gracie
Thanks for sharing your stories......

Basically mine goes like this:

Ryan and I have been together for nearly 3 years. We are not quite "engaged" but have promise rings on our fingers and have planned to get married in about 2.5 years.............
(He has a divorce to deal with in the meantime; they have been separated for 3 years but legally only for about 7-8 months and have to wait a year for the divorce to go through).........

Although this pregnancy wasn't exactly "planned", it was definately in our future.
I am currently finishing up 2 university degrees and will be done in about 1.5 years from now.
We decided that yes, we want children, but wanted to start trying in about 1.5-2 years. In that time we would have already gotten married and hopefully bought our first home together......

So things got reversed... He was a bit stressed out when I first told him (which was minutes after the test was done) but he had good cause to feel that way.
He has 1 biological daughter from a previous "short" relationship. She is 12 years old and he only met her about 3 years ago, although had been paying child support for her since he found out about her when she was quite young.......
When he got married, the woman already had 2 boys from a previous relationship and he basically raised them for 9 years...... Well, now that they are separated (because she cheated on him), she is now going after HIM for child support and stopping the $50 a month payments she gets from the biological father..........

So basically my man is scared about the outcome of the other situations and is scared that if she nails him for 2 kids (about $600 here in Canada), then we will have nothing left for ourselves to raise our little one........... (He already pays $300 for his daughter)...........

We didn't talk about the pregnancy for about 1.5 months really.......... And then someone caught me off-guard and asked me how I was feeling (in front of Ryan).....
Ryan did not know at that point that anyone had known about the pregnancy;.......
And basically as soon as we got in to our house, he apologized for not really "being there" and we talked about everything that was bothering us and how to fix it......

So everything is great now and we have overcome the issues that we had in the beginning and now Ryan is very happy that Junebug is coming....
We knew that day we met (we have been inseparable ever since), that we are the ones for eachother and we would be together forever........
So we just don't worry about anything now.....