View Single Post
October 30th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm just a lurker here, my daughter is now 3 1/2 months old. First off, congratulations on TTC! I hope that you get your BFP soon!

I guess I'm one of those stories that I wanted to go natural, but...because yes, I did, and ended up with an epidural after 6 hours of hard labor, going from 1 cm to 6 during that time. I really wish that I had stuck it out because I only labored for another 4 hours.

But I wanted to encourage you to read up on as much as possible beforehand and not be afraid to get up and move around into different positions where you feel comfortable. I think I did the worst thing which was laying reclined on my back for most of my labor. I wasn't as prepared or informed enough to handle all the things that came my way during labor. Next time I'm going to read up on it more and try and find ways to handle the things that really bothered me the most...namely the IV-it made me cold, so I was shivering and had blankets piled on me, and it made me pee alot, when I got up to use the bathroom, I got cold and tensed up and started feeling the contractions in my back.

As far as enjoying the pregnancy, I LOVED mine even though I had my share of sciatic pain towards the end, but I just found it to be so awesome that a baby was growing inside of me. It was incredible and I'm actually looking forward to my next pregnancy!

So I just wanted to encourage you that if a NCB is what you want, then that's wonderful and I'm sure you can do it! I went through my pregnancy with the idea and belief that this is what my body was made to do and it CAN do it!

Okay, sorry if I ended up rambling, but really, I just wanted to encourage you!

Hannah