View Single Post
January 29th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Veteran
Hey,
Well first off, CONGRATS on the new little one to come!!! How exciting!

Well, I've got my own little one on the way due June 6th, and it was unplanned. My bf and I had only been together for about 5 months before it happened! So telling my mom and sister was very nerve wracking considering it was with a guy I hadn't been with long.
Well I know my mom and sister very well, and they're very supportive and understanding people so I decided to take the cute way of telling them.
I got my mom a card that said: Congrats on your new grandchild! (then it had this cute little poem inside which I can't quite remember but it ended with "ready, set, spoil! Let the Grand-times begin!!" hehehe...still makes me cry to this day!! Then I wrote inside: Mom, not knowing your reaction, I thought I give you this card, so that one day you'll be able to look back on it and remember this day as the happiest day of your life.) and a card for my sister saying Congrats on being a new auntie!
I gave my mom hers first, she read it and was like "Grandchild? huhn?....wait! OMG! Grandchild!!!! You're pregnant!!" And to my surprise, she jumped up, and started crying tears of joy and came and gave me a big hug and kept saying how happy she was about becoming a grandma!
And I also my sister a play shotgun...for the Shot Gun Wedding!!!! She had a good laugh about that.

You'll find the best way to tell your mom...Go with her personality. If she's a warm fuzzy person, do it in a warm fuzzy way, if she's a really funny person, do it in a funny way...You know her best.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!