Topic: Grace!
View Single Post
October 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Jerusha. We had a fantastic time. Calleigh stayed home with the inlaws so it was just DH and I. We flew all the way to London and started at Southampton (where the Titanic set sail, LOL), went down to Madeira and the Canary islands (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote), up to Lisbon Portugal, Vigo in Spain and back up to Southampton. Total of 11 nights. We went on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas. GREAT BIG hunk of a ship at 220,000 tons. It was so ridiculously large, it had its own ice skating rink and rock climbing wall!! The land excursions were OK, but we went for the ship itself. We actually wanted to do the Mediterranean but this one coincided with our 5th wedding anniversary, so we went for it. Believe it or not, they are coming out with one late next year which will be 60,000 tons heavier than this one. We're wondering whether we want to try it or not.

Some pictures to goggle at:

Picture of me in front of the ship

To put it into perspective (DH looks miniscule next to it)

Shot of the inner atrium (with rooms looking into it)

A couple of the play pool areas

The ice rink (we were playing Bingo in there)

DH at the craps table

CRAZY!! They had a wave rider at the back of the ship. I didn't try this.

Lovely bottom shot of me on the rock climbing wall. I chickened out half way up. Heights are not my forte.

Playing mini golf on deck

Getting into the boxing rink in the ship's gym

We did a murder mystery dinner for our anniversary and our team won.

One of the towel animals. Every shipping line does this. I really like Sherry's animals better though.

YUM!!

Visting a banana plantation on Gran Canaria

Trekking on volcanoes in Lanzarote

Canoeing in Vigo, Spain

The cathedral in Lisbon, Portugal

Shots in Vigo, Spain

Whew. I actually took over 600 pictures but it's been a nightmare trying to upload them.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie