View Single Post
January 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Veteran
Well, I for one think your anger was totally justified. Sounds like you and I have similar anger issues. Not saying that it's a good thing, but I totally hear where your coming from.
When my man and I were fighting about his mom (URRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!) I thought I was going to have a miscarriage right then and there. I was shaking uncontrollably, screaming at the top of my lungs, couldn't breathe, and even actually pushed him a few times. I remember wanting to throw the tv at his head and kicking him while he was down...lol I know that's not right, but it's just a feeling. Not anything I would ever actually do (for one, I'm not strong enough to lift the tv!! hehehe ). Then after all that, I proceeded to bawl my eyes out (while the stupid jerk SLEPT in bed) for well over 4 hours before I finally fell asleep for about an hour. Woke up, then proceeded to bawl my eyes out for the rest of the day. And those cries are NEVER good!! When it's done, you have this pounding headache, you can't breathe from your nose all day from being so stuffy, and you hurt all over!!
So trust me, I've been there! Maybe now that you had this freak out, he'll understand that he can't get away with pissing you off like that. Suuuuuure, he may not have totally understood that the smell of fish would set you off...But I'm sure he knew that smells in general make you ill, so he should have known better. Especially when you weren't kidding around when you asked him to get rid of it!
Well either way, I'm glad you worked thing out. I know it feels so good to resolve that kind of issue. Since my big blow out with my man, we haven't fought like that again. He's been pretty good at making sure he keeps me calm and happy (especially since I went to the hospital last week with very stong braxton hicks contractions and the doc said I need a stress free environment). Guys just need to get a clue that pregnant women aren't even human anymore. We come from a totally different planet where, there, we were all queens and we need to be catered to 24/7 to be made comfortable and they must never be annoying because back on our planet, they would get the death sentence... hehehe jk of course, but still! We aren't ourselves, and it's really hard for them to get it. Luckily, it's only for this short while, and then we can sort of get back to normal.
Try to not get so stressed...drink lots of milk, and take a warm bath with bubbles (or none if your sense of smell is all whacked out) and maybe even go get yourself a bottle of sparkling apply juice, or non-alcoholic beer and make believe that you're actually having a drink. Trust me, you'll feel sooooo gooooooood! Then when your nice and relaxed, get your man to make it up to you, and give you a fully body massage! He definately owes you one!!!! hehehe
Take care!