View Single Post
November 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to MY world with our precious 4 yr old. Poor girl rarely gets a break. She has had eczema since 2 months old. Since she was a baby she has shown signs of asthma (not yet diagnosed b/c of her age) but since she has been on FLOVENT for a yr now we have haven't had any wheezing episodes and she was diagnosed VIA RAST and SPT with MANY food allergies @ 2 yrs of age. She is ATOPIC all the way around.

Right now her skin is at it's worst. Once the allergist tried to treat her breakouts like a fungal problem and had her on Griseofulvin *sp?* for a month. Of course it was not fungal and antibiotics never help it when they think bacterial. The only thing that will heal her skin is Orapred (steroids) but we have finally quit using that route b/c we were on them so much that her face got all puffy!

At the moment we are using a Steroid cream for 3-4 days and then going to Protopic for "upkeep". It isn't working and we have dealt with skin issues pretty much her whole life! We have to travel 4 hours to see a Ped Derm that promises help and he can't see her until Dec!

She is scratching so much and making the spots bleed. we have not been lucky enough to find anyone to help us.

We use "free" detergents and eliminated all of her "allergic" foods. Cut her nails every other day and lather her up with lotion. Sorry to sound like a downer, but sometimes I feel like there is no help! Thankfully all the Drs say she will eventually outgrow it. Who knows, I seiously doubt it at this point!

Last year the back of her ears stayed raw. It was the worst thing I have ever seen! Thankfully we have yet to have that prob again. Usually I catch a spot on the back of her ear and put the steroid cream on it for a day or 2 and it's gone. Her scalp has been dry and flaky lately. Her hair actually seems to be thinning, but my hubby has thin hair so not sure if that is AD related.

AD didn't affect her face until she was 3. I know every child is different though.

You are not alone! Any questions, just ask. There are lots of experienced moms on here! Don't mean to worry you, just venting on your post! haha

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>