View Single Post
November 5th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I am Lilah. I am a single mommy to my daughter, Liliana Zahra. She is the light of my life and my whole world. It is just the two of us - her father isn't in our lives. She is multi-racial (I am white and her father is African American and Asian Indian) and I certainly want to raise her to be very proud of who she is.

I hate labels but as far as "types" of parenting styles go I identify the most with attachment parenting. Liliana is still breastfeeding (and quite often still) and I would love for her to self wean, we still co-sleep, after extensive research I have decided to NOT vaccinate her because I believe the risks outweigh the potential benefits (to keep it simple but my reasons are much more involved than that), and certainly believe in gentle discipline (no hitting, no CIO, etc).

On a more personal level I am very liberal (but feel like I am accepting of different beliefs and perspectives), I am agnostic, vegetarian (I try to be respectful of all life), a multiple abuse survivor (would love to see more of you on the Survivors of Abuse board - it is located under "relationships" heading - we are a make-up of ALL types of abuse survivors though), and an assortment of other things.

Anyways, that is start. Here are a couple pics:

Me and Liliana a couple weeks ago:

And one of her solo: