View Single Post
November 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I love reading birth stories, so I thought that I would share mine for those of you that love to read them as well.

Micayla Eilleen
born November 1, 2001 @ 7:33 am
due November 11, 2001
6lbs 8oz

I was only 15 years old when I found out I was pregnant for the first time. I was scared and confused so I did what my doctor told me and had a healthy happy pregnancy. I continued to go to school full time, but I did spend most of my pregnancy on summer vacation. During my 20 week ultrasound I was told that I had an incompetant cervix and that I would need a cerclage put in. I didn't know what it was and had no idea what it meant, but I refused to get a cerclage. It was the only thing that I didn't do that my doctor recommended. By my 37th week of pregnancy my doctor was concerned that if I stayed pregnant for too long that my baby would get too big and cause me to have a c-section at only 16 years old. I was concerned and we discussed scheduling an induction date at my 38 week appointment. Needless to say I didn't make it to that appointment. Halloween night my boyfriend and I went trick or treating with my little brother. By the time I got home and went to bed I got a couple of hours of sleep before I couldn't sleep anymore. I was up from my bed to the couch, laying on the floor, sitting on the toilet, anything to keep comfortable. It wasn't for several hours that I finally realized that I was having contractions. It was about 4 in the morning before I had my boyfriend call his mom to come pick us up and take us to the hospital. I then paged my dad and called my mom to have them meet us at the hospital. My dad was at work, and my mom was at home (they are divorced). I woke up my brother and sister and told them to tell our dad where I was when he came home to get changed. They were upset that they didn't get to come to the hospital with me, but I didn't want them there, they were too young, and had school to go to in a few hours.
I got to the hospital around 5am and they quickly got me into a delivery room, I wasn't in much pain I don't remember anyway. It couldn't have been horrible. I did get an epidural though right after arriving. I was so scared of getting it, mostly because no one told me that they take the needle out of my back when they are done, and that it is just a tube type thing and perfectly safe to lay on. I puked into the tiny kidney shaped bucket that they have soon after my epidural. Then my doctor broke my water, and my daughter was born only 2 hours after arriving at the hospital. It was a fairly quick labor. The thing that sucked the most was that I couldn't move my legs for several hours after delivery since I had gotten the epidural so close to when she was born. I recovered in a room with another lady who had a csection, I was "lucky" to get the side of the room with the bathroom. I was released only 26 hours after having my daughter. My little Halloween baby.

Justin Tremain
born December 22, 2003 @ 2:07 am
due December 31, 2003
7lbs .08oz

This pregnancy was just as uneventful as my daughter's pregnancy. I was still going to school full time. This time though I married my son's father June of 2003. My daughter's father was history, but still took care of her occasionally. It was a very stressful year in 2003. I was seeing a military doctor now, because my husband is active duty Air Force. The care is somewhat different. Instead of only seeing 1 doctor throughout my entire pregnancy I saw many doctors. And I don't think I liked any of them. I loved my daughter's doctor. This time around there was no issues with an incompetant cervix, which only made me more sure about my decision before to not get the cerclage with my daughter's preganncy. I gained a lot more weight in this pregnancy (35 lbs compared to 25 lbs previously). But it was mostly because I had my husband to drive me to school in the mornings instead of me walking to school like I used to. I went to labor and delivery once in my pregnancy which required IV fluids because I was dehydrated. Other than that I didn't "cry wolf" anymore. On the 21st of December around 5pm I was talking to my husband about inducing labor by filling a prescription that my doctor had given me the week prior. It was a prescription for sex LOL. As we were discussing this I all of a sudden felt as if I had peed my pants. It was completely unexpected and made me think that my water had broken. So I called my labor and delivery and they told us to come in. I took my daughter to my neighbors house for her to wait for her grandpa to pick her up and 10 minutes later we were being checked for ruptured membranes at the hospital (we lived really close) and low and behold it was. I was so excited to finally be having my baby. It was kinda exciting because there was only 1 other lady giving birth at the time, and she was nearly done. She turned out to be one of my husband's ex girlfriends. LOL.
I wasn't progressing any after being put on the monitors for an hour after my arrival, so they had me walk around the hospital to get my contractions started. My husband and I walked for hours around the hospital, and it still did nearly nothing, so my doctor decided to start me on pitocin. It wasn't horrible, I was getting contractions, nothing too painful, but still had to be strapped to monitors on the bed. The epidural lady kept coming in and checking on me to see if I wanted mine yet (I had pre signed all the forms and knew I was getting one, so it wasn't bothersome that she kept checking, it was really nice of her). Around midnight or 1am my doctor decided to break my water, and as she was doing it the epidural lady came in and I told her I didn't need one yet, but as soon as my water was broken I screamed for her to come back because I got a really intense contraction and knew that they'd just get worse. So I got my epidural and it worked right away. I did puke all over the nurses because they didn't get me a bucket quick enough. They were really nice about it, I kept appologizing to them but I'm sure they understood. Soon after that I was pushing and my son was born at 2:07 am on the 22nd of December. I was released 30 hours after I had him. My little Christmas baby.

I am now 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my 3rd child. This pregnancy has been completely opposite of my other 2. But I am no longer in school anymore (I did graduate in 2004). I am so looking forward to the labor and delivery of this child. I can't wait to share that birth story as well. This time around I'm delivering at a birthing center at my air force base in Italy. I had my previous children in Las Vegas. My daughter at Sunrise Hospital and my son at the Military Facility at Nellis AFB. I'm hoping to go this time around without an epidural, but I won't be disappointed in myself if I can't do it.

Thanks for reading, I hope that you enjoyed.

Scarlett Diane