View Single Post
November 7th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm Kel, 25 year old wife to John and resident immigrant. I was born and raised in Edmonton, Canada before meeting my husband online and moving to the US to be with him. As of September 2007 I am a dual citizen and very proud to call both countries my home! We are currently living in a suburb of St. Louis, MO, where I work full time as an office admin and John works as an engineer developing and testing military aircraft.

Our July 06'er Eric is our first child, born at the very end of the month (31st). He is full of spunk and without any prompting from us loves all things traditionally boy - cars and trucks, sticks, bugs, etc. He is also a neat freak though, which makes an interesting combination! He is a big brother to Daniel, born in March of 2008 with a severe case of congenital CMV. Through his months in the NICU and subsequent appointments and trials, I have become a strong advocate for CMV awareness and hope anyone who is pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant again to click here and education yourself about the risks and ways to prevent a potentially life-altering infection. I am thrilled to say that, at 8 months, the only lasting effect of his infection is deafness! He is the happiest kid you could ever meet, and loves trying to keep up with his big brother.

Me with the boys in July of 08

Eric & Danny on Halloween 2008

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!