View Single Post
November 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
what about this one? http://www.birthcenter.com/index.html

Even if they are too far they may be able to point you in a direction with helping find a midwife or BC near you.

I had a successful NCB in a hospital with my first (second was a BC) and I didn't find it any more difficult to achieve. HOWEVER, I had a midwife that basically locked everyone else out. 90% of my labor was in the bathroom tub with the door shut and only the MW and my mom or DH in there. I got out a few times to be monitored (which SUCKED). But because she didn't really let anyone in there I never got offered or pressure to get anything.

It's not the same in all hospitals or with all caregivers, so take your time and find someone who will help you achieve what you want. Explain your concerns and find someone that will help you avoid Pre-E and any other complications.

Having to travel a little ways to get what you want isn't a bad thing. yeah it sucks to drive during labor, but it can be worth it.

With both of my girls I used a midwife for all my prenatal care. in fact I've never even BEEN to an OB! They handle everything. I did get sent to a clinic for my u/s because they dont' have a machine at the birth center for that. But otherwise they did everything needed. They will refer you if you develop complications that they can't handle though.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!