View Single Post
February 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Veteran
I can understand how you feel but for different circumstances. My DH and I have been married for almost 20 years and already had 2 children. We didn't plan on having anymore and were very comfortable with our lives. I became pg at 41 while using BC. Neither of us wanted the pg, at first. I even went as far as scheduling a termination. I realized that I couldn't go through with it. Not so much that I wanted another child but I just couldn't do it. My DH wasn't happy about my choice but understood that it was my body and my decision. There was also the fear of problems due to my age at the time of the pg. I chose to have genetic testing and thankfully he's perfectly healthy. DH was not happy about the pg until I was nearing the end then something just changed. I can honestly say that our youngest child has been an absolute joy and neither of us could imagine not having him but there were some adjustments that we had to deal with. DH is probably closer with this child than he was with our other two at this age. If you don't want to terminate the pg then don't! You will find a way to work things out, with or without your BF. If he can't understand how you feel then maybe there's something lacking in the relationship to begin with. Give him time but stick to whatever decision that YOU decide is best. I know that it's easier for me to say this because my circumstances are different. I'm married and financially stable. I just think that you will have a difficult time dealing with your emotions if you are forced to do something that you don't agree with. BTW I'm very pro-choice. Good luck with everything.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04