View Single Post
November 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Newbies
Quote:
i had my 10 week appt on sept 18th, 2008, they did an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and they said i was 5-6 weeks rather than 10 weeks.
sept 19th, i started bleeding, they had me come in for a blood test to check my hcg level, and it was decreasing.
it has been almost 2 months and my hcg is down to 36 and ive had constant bleeding since sept 19th. i made an appt w/ the doc for monday, hes concerned that my hcg level is taking too long to drop to zero and is also concerned that im still bleeding heavily. my question is, is it normal for a miscarriage to last this long? my hcg level started at 10,000. also why is it taking so long for my hcg to get to zero?
i have 2 children and this has been my 1st miscarriage.
thank you in advance for your replies![/b]
Hey jray,
I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 8 weeks. Took misoprostol on Oct 18 (at near 10 weeks) to induce a miscarriage. It's been 30 days since that day and I'm still bleeding. The bleeding starts and stops. Some days I spot brown all day just to bleed bright red again the next day. My HCG was 39 this past Tuesday and 23 two days later. I haven't gotten an order to get another blood test done this coming week but I will request for one tomorrow. If my body keeps following this trend of dropping about 16 every 48 hours, I'd be down to about 7 tomorrow. Today I was just spotting brown, then I started cramping and saw more red blood by the late afternoon. That totally sucks. I was really hoping to stop bleeding as I really dislike having any bleeding. I don't know what to say to you about how long a miscarriage is supposed to last as mine was medically induced, but I understand your grief of bleeding and taking a long time to get your hcg levels to go down. I recently had a natural miscarriage in June and I bled for 16 days, but I was only about 5-6 weeks along. Keep me posted.

Sophie - 27
Thomas - 31
Vanessa - 18 months
Angel 1 - May 31, 2008