View Single Post
November 17th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
My nephew is five. Last week he was sick with Strep. When they checked his BP, they were alarmed at how high it was. They sent him for an EKG and told my sister they think he has a narrow valve. He goes Friday morning to a hospital two hours away for an MRI. Depending on the results of the MRI, they may be admitting him for surgery!

UPDATE

He does have to have surgery. They did not admit him. The doctor wants to wait until after Thanksgiving but wants to do the surgery before Christmas. The MRI showed that he was a narrow ARTERY that supplies the main blood flow to his legs. That's why his legs are so much weaker than his arms. They are not using a stint since he is still growing and the stint won't grow with him. The doctor did state that without the surgery there is risk that he'd end up paralyzed due to lack of blood flow. Of course, that's a risk of the surgery, too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)