Topic: Question
View Single Post
November 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Veteran
Okay, so I've never been in this board but I thought maybe someone had this experience. I have had 2 miscarriages, and a chemical. And currently am supposedly in my third. I went in for an ultrasound yesterday, the 17th and they saw the yolk sac, gestational sac, fetal pole, and couldn't find a heartbeat. Now, I am not holding out hope for this pregnancy, so don't worry about hurting my feelings any, but I'm scheduled for a d&c on Thursday. Should I hold off on the D&C and get another ultrasound. Is there a chance that they missed the heartbeat? Oh and I should add my uterus was measuring right on for 10 weeks, which I should've been, and the fetus or whatever it is considered was measuring around the 9 week mark. I am just curious cause I've been hearing all of these stories of women not seeing a heartbeat for a long time on ultrasounds etc. I also have a retroverted uterus which supposedly can be misdiagnosed a lot. I just had a D&C in June for another missed miscarriage and it just seems unlikely to happen again. Though I know it can, and I don't want to jump into a decision that I shouldn't so quickly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!