Topic: Question
View Single Post
November 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so unfair. Lots of Hugs!

Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I was 10 weeks too...fetus looked 9 1/2 weeks and no heartbeat. I had a D&C 5 days later. They checked me on 2 different ultrasound machines...I didn't have to be a tech to know there was no heartbeat. Did you have a good ultrasound earlier? I saw my baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks so when I saw the ultrasound at 10 weeks, I knew something was wrong and was comfortable with my decision for the D&C.

If you are even questioning a little, I would request an ultrasound right before they do the D&C on Thursday. They should be able to tell if there was any more growth and would be another look for a heartbeat. I don't know about all the 'stories'...I had heard them too. The things I do know is that ultrasounds machines are very advanced these days. Mine had color and they showed blood flow in everything but my baby. Again, I could see the problem before they even told me.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please keep us posted on this board and we wish you the best.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)