View Single Post
November 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Newbies
Well, like so many other posts, I was absolutely healthy with no history of problems whatsoever in either side of the family. There are 21 grandkids among both families and no problems at all until 2007. I have an 8 year old from a previous marriage that ended in divorce at 8 mos. pgt. I stayed single and prayed for a husband and the chance to have more children for years. Finally six years later, my prayer was answered. My DH and I knew right off we wanted a child so we were p right away. Everything was great until my 3 mo visit when I noticed bleeding. After an ultrasound, I was called and told something was abnormally wrong. After being told by one dr. to expect to miscarry (like I was losing a pet fish or something) I switched dr. It took many months and many tests to find out what was wrong. At 7 mos. we found my boy had a diaphragmatic hernia (a hole in his diaphram) and his insides has pushed through that hole and prevented his lungs and heart from developing. THe hardest part of all was that I could feel him move inside me and see his pics on ultrasound and everything was perfect as long as he was inside me. But we knew he wouldn't live outside so we just had to wait for that dreadful day. He came 9 wks early and lived for only about 15 minutes. I couldn't understnad how a baby that I had prayed for and planned and wanted so badly could be taken from me. But I knew that I wanted to try again and I completely trusted that God would bless me with another baby. So I'm know listening to my cooing little 11 wk old boy who was born almost 15 mos. later. There's no comfort and there's no explanation, but there's always hope! I know that my boy is watching over us all and that someday I'll be with him and until then, he's perfectly healthy and happy with Jesus.