View Single Post
November 24th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I'm so sorry about the pain on top of everything else, you certainly don't need cysts complicating things! I agree with April, you might feel better after going to the doctor. You probably know this already, that IgA is a clotting factor, and the treatment is either baby aspirin or a low-molecular weight blood thinner like Lovenox. This does not cross the placenta due to the low molecular weight so baby is safe. I had elevated IgA and it turned out ok in the end. I personally think, though, that elevated clotting factors are not so much the problem in themselves as they are an indicator of other possible immune issues going on, so to keep that in mind when TTC - in my case, MTHFR, Hashimotos and anti-ovarian antibodies (which contributed to increased "bad eggs"). I know, this has nothing to do with feelings of apprehension of trying again. I can't say I relate, since I always felt compelled to TTC no matter what (glutton for punishment), but I do remember how I felt the days after I was sure I'd lost this last pregnancy, which were the most painful feelings I'd had up to then. Which is saying a lot as you know. At that point I was ready to give up and adopt, but looking back I think possibly those feelings were temporary. Or, possibly not. These things are so complicated aren't they. Trying again when you have a daughter, and risking going through another loss knowing you'll have to keep on a happy face for your child, I can only imagine how hard that would be for me (and yes, I am considering trying again too in the future, and I'm not sure I can do it). Whatever you decide, I will be here with hugs and support your decision 100%.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!