View Single Post
November 25th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Quote:
My question to God is always, "WHY???". That is what I have always struggled with. What I have I done in my life that is so bad that He would take my babies away from me?[/b]
I used to ask this too... then I decided God doesn't control everything that happens, good or bad. He simply made us, & gave us the strength to carry on in the face of adversity and cries with us when bad things happen. At least this is how I like to think of it, though I'm not much of a church goer. I would just hate to think of God as someone who makes people suffer on purpose, I can't believe that.

There were a lot of things people would say that just made me angry and sad. Things like, think positively (as if my thinking negatively caused miscarriage?) and everything happens for a reason. I think miscarriage proves things DON'T happen for a reason. Not a good reason anyway. But, really nothing anyone said made me feel better except for one thing.

I say this a lot on this board, but a friend told me once that she thinks babies who are lost to miscarriage are actually baby spirits in Heaven who wanted to know what human love was like. So, they picked the very best parents they could, and visited them for a brief time. Then, when they experienced that love, they were very happy and content, and went back to heaven. Hearing this was the only thing that has ever made me feel better about my miscarriages, since I loved each and every one of my babies with all my heart. I know we all loved our babies, so they are very lucky angel babies in that way. I hope we all find some peace and comfort soon.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!