Topic: I left DF.
View Single Post
February 5th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Veteran
Best thing right now, is for you to keep being strong. If his drinking is making you unhappy and stressed out, then it's making the baby unhappy and stressed out too. Joys of sharing a body!!! I think what you did is very admirable. You stood up for yourself and the kind of life you want for your baby. How amazing of you!! You're going to be a great mommy!
As for your man, I wouldn't take him back until he proved to me that he was taking this seriously. He could do this by going to meetings for alcoholics, even if he isn't one or doesn't believe he's one. Just seeing all those hard core alcoholics who have lost their jobs, homes and families to booze may open his eyes. He may just say to himself "oh god, this is where my life's heading with the way that I drink! I have to stop now before I get like these guys!"
I know everything will work out for you, whether you two are together or not. Because it shows that you're willing to do what it takes to make sure your baby has a good life in a healthy environment. Good for you!
Take care and keep us posted. And as you know, we're always here if you need anything!