Topic: New Here!
View Single Post
December 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Newbies
Hey Everyone, My name is Jilian and I found out today that I'm pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since March of 2006. We got lucky in June of that year but it only lasted for 8 weeks. The egg failed to implant at all, and one night it just fell out. Sorry if TMI. Anyway, we tried really hard after that and when it didn't we just kind of gave up and for the last year and a half we just haven't prevented, if you know what I mean. I decided I would just chart for a while to make sure I was ovulating and to keep an eye on my cycles. 3 months ago my system went haywire and I had the wosrt AF ever, and when the next AF was late I thought maybe I had finally gotten lucky. I tested but it was negative. Anyway AF arrived 8 days late and when she did arrive it was lighter than normal and only lasted 3 days. Now, AF was due November 30th and when she didn't arrive I figured I was just going to be late again and decided when she did arrive I would make a doctors appointment to find out if anything was wrong. Well today I decided to test, really thinking that it was going to be negative. I figured what the heck, AF was late and I seemed to be really tired, so I took the test and set it down and almost forgot to look at it. About 5 minutes later it I was about to get up and I just happened to look down and see that the test was very definitely positive. There is no mistaking those very clear pink lines. So, I guess I am about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and I'm terrified. I know it's still very early, but I'm afraid to tell anyone, even my husband. I figured if there was anyone who could understand my feelings it would be the women on this board. I can't remember ever being this scared, maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't seem to help myself.

Anyway, sorry for dumping all this out. I just needed to get it out. Tanks.