View Single Post
December 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Courtney I had obvious labor contractions on my way to bed one night. there was NO mistaking it. Water never broke with her until it was manually broken at 10cm to put an internal monitor on. My midwife said she would have been born in the caul had they not had to do that.

Nola was a little more complicated. I'm 90% positive my water broke Monday morning, but it was just a constant mini trickle, not a big gush. Went in Monday night to be checked and midwife could still feel the bag over her head (so I think it must have broken off to the side or something). She did the exam before thinking of doing the strip test, and it was too late at that point cause of the gel used for exams.

Continued to trickle all of the rest of Monday and Tuesday (had to wear a pad or keep a towel between my legs). 1am Wednesday morning labor finally started, though I didn't think it was labor until close to 4, I thought I was just constipated cause it felt like those kind of cramps. I will say I'm very grateful I wasn't planning a hospital birth, cause if they'd determined my water had broken and labor didn't start for almost 48 hours, I for SURE would have had pitocin or something.
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!