Topic: Overdue
View Single Post
December 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM
B & E complete me.
I don't have much to offer either other than hugs and my own experience. When I was pregnant with Bryson and had my 36 week check-up the OB checked me because I told her I'd been having menstrual like cramps. She informed me I was 1-2 cm dilated and 70% effaced and assured me there was no way I'd make it to 40 weeks. So we got all excited and did everything we could to bring on labor. I walked over 2 miles a day, ate the spiciest food you could imagine (and I hate spicy food!) took EPO, had sex very often and lord knows what else. Only to sit back and watch my EDD come and go. When I was 41 weeks 1 day I woke up to pee and had a gush of water. I went back to bed not convinced and when I got up an hour later it happened again. So off we went to the hospital and I ended up on pitocin. Had I just waited it out a bit longer I'm positive my body would have taken over on it's own so I'm a little disappointed in my lack of patience.

I know that doesn't really mean a whole lot to you but I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you. I know it's hard to keep waiting but either way you know that there is very limited amount of time left that you will be pregnant. It may not happen today or tomorrow but it WILL happen. I just think your LO loves you so much it doesn't want to come out.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!