I think I might stop trying...
View Single Post
December 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
I have talked to my doctor sort of.
This spring I was doing great with my diseases (interstitial cysitis, vulvodynia, and pelvic floor dysfunction (the too tight version)), so I told him I wanted to get pregnant and we weaned me off some of the drugs that were most harmful but the others could wait until after I was pregnant. Well that turned into being a major flare of the diseases that lasted months. When it came back it came back with avengence. I was in tears on the way to taking DH and myself to work. DH told me I should go to the the hospital but I just didn't want to. They would make me feel like a drug seeker which I am not. I bit my arm to refer the pain etc. I still had the bite marks on my arm when the Dr office opened. Well needless to say I am back on all my meds plus vicodin (and phenergan) for the breakthrough pain that I just can't deal with.
The DR had told me before that I got off bcp that I might need meds to help me ovulate since I never was regular before. Well I just did the wait and see and my longest cycle was 47 days but I have had some that have been like 28 so I was ovulating. He is the one that told me to temp. I don't want to take clomid because it can cause a flare and I don't want anymore pain than I already have. I am doing good now but it took almost 6 months to get me back to where I am at. That doesn't mean I don't have pain, it just means it isn't constantly at an 6 or more out of 10.
There is another thing that is upsetting. I can't see that doctor after I get pregnant. I have to see an OB and a different doctor to treat me. It is something with his insurance because he was an OB/Gyn but doesn't do the OB anymore he specializes in a handful of diseases that effect women. I don't want to go back to my old DRs office because the office staff was mean to me when I really needed to be treated and my doctor and NP weren't in. They told me they couldn't do anything, just to go to the ER. I didn't want to go because I didn't want to be in pain in the ER waiting when they wouldn't even do anything anyways. So I will have to go to a different set to get some instills or I might just have someone show me how to self cath and just do it myself.
The OB I talked to about it said they could use Femara instead of Clomid because of the shorter half-life, therefore less potential for a flare. I just don't know about that. I mean the maker of the drug warns that it isn't to be used for infertility. Oh well. I don't know.
I would love to have a baby so much. DH has been wanting one for a long time, but we were waiting until he was finished with school. He finished in May. It is just upsetting/depressing when you are trying month after month with no avail. I know it is all in God's time and not mine. So we will just have to be patient.
View Public Profile
Find all posts by snarfess