View Single Post
February 9th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rachel_claire Send a message via Yahoo to rachel_claire
So, this doesn't have much to do with pregnancy or anything....but still, so unexpected!

I went to Olive Garden with a friend I haven't seen in a long time yesterday for lunch (mmm alfredo dipping sauce for those delicious breadsticks) and everything was great, we needed to catch up. All of a sudden, a waiter screamed and dropped a bunch of plates and a woman started screaming "help!" her husband began having a heart attack! My friend ran over there because she's CPR/first aid certified and the man passed out! His lungs started making really gross burbling sound (TMI I know, sorry...) and he was pretty much dead for like a minute. Then his pacemaker kicked in and he was back! He woke up and was like "what happened?" An ambulance came and he was checked out by the time we were leaving. By the way, they were sitting diagonally behind us so I saw the whole thing. It made me like nauseous and totally freaked out. I was glad he was ok but that's never happened to me before!!! It may be because I'm rpegnant and almost saw someone die, but I went home and just wrapped my arms around my husband and almost started crying...I know, I'm a wuss, but I couldn't believe that man almost dies...and the gurglying and convulsing....I could never be a doctor...ever...

I don't know why I had to share that, but I needed to tell someone!