View Single Post
December 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Quote:
I think sometimes if the person is too close to you like your mom, they might not be as objective like you would want in a doula. They would hate to see you in pain and might not continue to be encouraging for NCB. On the other hand, if you really would rather have someone close to you act as your doula/birth support, perhaps a close friend who would stick to your NCB desires and preferably has them herself.[/b]
I totally agree w/ this and that's why, although I want my mom to be there for support, she will not be my ONLY support (DH will be deployed when I give birth). I don't want to have to lean on my mom for EVERYTHING. And I also don't think she would be capable of that b/c in her eyes, I'm still her little girl and I know if I asked for an epi, she'd support it just so my pain would go away, kwim? Some husbands might be the same way. I think you can never go wrong w/ a doula and all the support they offer. And you can always meet a few and see who you feel the most comfortable w/, you're not obligated to hire the first one you meet.