View Single Post
December 15th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Veteran
So, dh and I are ttc. We had a long talk last night and I told him flat out... if/when we get pregnant one of two things are GOING to happen. Either he will learn every aspect of labor and delivery and turn into the biggest alpha male wolf protector if I have to have a hospital birth... he will know exactly what I will and won't tolerate and he WILL defend my decision -or- we will be having a homebirth. We actually talked about it for more than an hour. His main concern was whether or not it was legal, whether or not we'd have to pay out of pocket to have someone here and how he would handle another delivery (he didn't do too well with the toddlers births, he's afraid of leaving me without anyone to support me if he had the same reaction this time). I told him a big part of the problem was lack of education in the birth process (and quite honeslty, I was an EMT and if I was observing my birth with Sami, I probably would have been entirely grossed out and need to take a seat.... STRONG fetal ejection with a LOT of meconium stained fluid behind her... once she was out I sort of... well... exploded across the room LOL).

So... today I go talk to Tricare and while I got a funny look and a good hearted "I could never do that" (from a man lol) I did find out that there is a local midwife that WILL do home births....and.... Tricare will pay for it! How fortunate is that? Granted, I did tell dh that at the very least I would get a doula to help us out during delivery...mostly to give dh a break in case he was feeling a little out of sorts... or if the girls needed daddy during a time that I am concentrating on other things.

Needless to say, we're still waiting on the getting pregnant part, but I am relieved to know that as of right now, I don't have to worry quite as much about having to endure another tied down L&D.

My Blog
</div>