View Single Post
February 10th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand where you are coming from. I smoked before I was pregnant and quit...dh still smokes. It was hard to tell him to go outside, I understand him....I used to smoke too. My dh is disabled and can't always go outside in the weather, so he's allowed to smoke in the bathroom with the window open and the vent going. We also have an understanding that once the baby arrives, there's no smoking in the house. I keep fans running in the bedroom if I smell the smoke (but usually I don't since the bathroom is on the opposite end of the house, and is well ventilated). It was a compromise that we all could live with.

Truthfully, I just whined enough that he got sick of hearing about it. And there have been plenty of times where I refused to kiss him or be around him because he smelled like smoke.

Give dh some time and work on him without yelling, screaming, or lecturing. He'll come around....it's just going to take some time (as it is with any addiction). You were able to quit because you have a life inside you.....he does not have that and can't completely comprehend the way you do (for the time being, that will change when you get further along and he "sees" things happening). The more you push him, poke at him, and such, the more resentful he'll become. You should know....you smoked yourself once before too

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months