View Single Post
December 19th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
So, I'm not pregnant right now, my LO is 10 months old. But DH and I have stopped preventing, and are letting nature take it's course. Well, here's my background before I get to the question:

With DS, I really wanted a home birth, but DH was really scared for it. Plus, here in IL, it's almost illegal to do them (there are ways around it, and my friend did it a few months ago). The reason for his fear is that I was having a VBA2C. I'd never been in labor before. I know the risks weren't worth the worry, but we did a hospital birth anyway.

During the birth, DS's heart rate jumped really high. It freaked the mw out, and she ended up calling the ob. They recommend another c/s, but I said No, and DH convinced them of that. I ended up with an amazing, all natural VBA2C using Hypnobabies. It was awesome! However, I did bleed, a lot. I had a pretty bad vaginal wall tear, as well. I don't think it was serious, even if the sight of all that blood was freaky. I did have a transfusion, but not until the next day, and "just to be safe".

So, I want to try for a home birth next time. I don't know where we will live, (DH is military, and we're getting orders soon) so I don't know what the laws will be in whatever state we will be in. But, given that the next birth will still be a VBAC, and that I needed a transfusion last time....Is that reason enough to not consider a home birth?