View Single Post
January 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You ladies have some great ideas! Like the memorial in the paper and I have always liked the idea of releasing balloons at the grave. My immediate family members are all planning to have a small birthday celebration at his grave for his first birthday Nov. '09. I have a shelf hanging on the wall that is his memorial shelf (with my memento box) and I plan on every year buying one of the Precious Moments Birthday Train figurines. I bought the one for a newborn baby (which is a baby bear on a caboose) and then every year I will buy the number for the age he would have been. They go to 16, but nothing 17 or older. Maybe that is a good idea someone else might like to use to commemorate their baby or babies.

My pastor's wife gave us a framed guardian angel portrait so we hung that up along with the letters that spell his name we had bought for his nursery over the shelf. I also got a really cute Precious Moments figure of a baby (who looks unisex) lying asleep on a cloud with a birdie watching over him that says "Safe In The Arms Of Jesus".

Bonnie

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!