Topic: Helpful Tips
View Single Post
January 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Super Mommy
I took the advice of several previous posters in this thread and it helped greatly. Thank you ladies!

I slept in a recliner for the first almost 2 weeks.

I made sure to blow dry my incision after every shower. Sometimes I would hit it with the blow dryer once or twice a day just to make sure it was dry if I felt any moisture.

Towards the end of two weeks and the beginning of the third week, I started going to the mall and trying to walk (albeit very slowly) about an hour a day. I believe this made a huge difference in my recovery. If I missed a day, I could really tell. I would be really sore and stiff.

I always took a pillow with me in the car to hold onto for bumps in the road. The roads around here are just so darn bumpy and pressing the pillow on my tummy (and having DH drive slowly) really helped.

I also asked for a couple of extra pair of those lovely fishnet underwear from the hospital to bring home with me. I know that sounds crazy, but they were actually comfy and I believe also greatly contributed to my incision healing very well. I sat around the house in a t-shirt and those undies for the first two weeks so my incision could stay aired out. If company came over, I just threw a blanket over me and nobody was any wiser. I only had three pair, so I had DH throw them in a lingerie laundry bag and throw them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. They actually washed really well and didn't get torn up.