View Single Post
January 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">I'm sorry that has happened to you, and especially to your DS. It's weird how adults seem to think that things are better for themselves, then what's really the best thing for their kids.

***UPDATE***

Well we ended up getting the DSS this weekend. After the day progressed on, and pressure from her family, we got DSS for the weekend. But now, she has told him that he has a choice in whether or not he wants to stay here or come back to her house. Ummm... no, he's only 8. This is why children have guardians, to make decisions for them. We won't be answering the phone when she calls. They can talk when we drop him off tomorrow. She has completely denied ANY kind of contact for my SO to have contact with his DS while he is with her, so why make the some compromise for the 2 short days that we have him.

Cheers,
T</span>[/b]

Rule # something or other in the Blended Family situation, NEVER, EVER, EVER have a child make a decision, EVER! All decision are to be made by the parents, that's why they call it "co-parenting".
The parents are to discuss details & discuss possibilities & so on, and then options & then decide how to deliver the "options A or B" to the child which of course the child doesn't realize this but the parents
have already made the decision(s) for them prior w/ the best interest for all parties involved before talking to the child.

These are some major co-parenting issues going here. Ex-etiquette for parents, it's a book, I would recommend either having her or your Dh or you even reading this.
Can't hurt. You're already at this point.

Hope things improve.

~C