Topic: My Intro
View Single Post
January 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been lurking here off and on for about a year. It took DH and me 21 months to get pregnant with what seems to be a sticky bean. We saw the heart beating today for the first time and both let out a sigh of relief. I did 5 unsuccessful rounds of clomid and hated all 5 months of it. I started seeing an acupuncturist a few months ago and give her a huge chunk of the credit for getting us pregnant. I didn't always O on my own and when I did I would O late and have a really short LP. She's one of the few acupuncturists who really specializes in fertility and has trained under Randine Lewis who wrote The Fertility Cure. I feel extremely lucky that I found her as she was extremely knowledgeable and supportive. I have to give my RE/OBGYN some credit as well as she did a laporoscopy and D&C 2 weeks before I got pregnant. I have to believe that her cleaning me out helped to. She's an amazing doctor who cares so much for her patients.

I love the support everyone here offers and I'm looking forward to learning more about NCB. My mom had all three of her children without drugs and my sister has had her 2 without as well. She had such a horrible tear with the first one that she planned on getting an epidural for the second. She labored at home most of the time though and didn't get to the hospital until she was in transition and by then decided it wasn't needed. I'm sure I'll have lots of support from both of them.

I didn't allow myself to start researching too much stuff until we saw the heartbeat. Now I'm excited to start looking into hypnobirthing and hypnobabies. There is a place around here that teaches hypnobirthing classes, so I may look into that.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe