View Single Post
January 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I didn't even realize this board was here! Very cool! I'm Rose, I've got 2 boys and a third on the way, due in May! We're very excited about doing a babys room this time. With our first we had a very nice one but moved just after he was born. With our second, we knew we were moving (out of state) after he was born so we didn't even bother. This time we're finally in ONE place so we can really get into making a room!
We really don't have a "theme", we're just going with a classic blue and white boys room! The baby and our 2 1/2 yr old will be sharing it and so far our 2 1/2 yr old LOVES it. He tells everyone it's HIS room but he's going to share it with the baby lol.

We've ALMOST finished the walls, just a bit of touch up left to do (at the baseboards) and then of course some wall decor (their names, pictures & such) and then we were thinking of painting clouds on the blue, but we're not sure how to do it! Has anyone done this? I don't want it to look like... cartoon clouds, more natural, puffy clouds. I was thinking a sponge but I don't want it to look like white sponge blobs on the wall either lol. But then I have to wonder if we should even do clouds at all because I do plan to hang things on the blue part of the walls. Any suggestions would be great!

Also, we're planning to replace the carpeting upstairs. When we bought the house we knew it was going to need done and we'd like to do it before the baby comes. We had first planned on just doing carpet again but the more pictures I see with wood floors the more I like it. I just worry about the kids falling on it, or it being really cold in winter. So any opinions on that would be great - what would you put in? wood or carpet?

Here's a few pictures of where we stand at the moment...

Our 2 1/2 yr old "working" on it himself lol, he's been REALLY excited about it!

Facebook