View Single Post
January 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well.. it's over. It was NOT FUN!! But I'm glad to have it done and have it BEHIND me (hopefully forever!) Without getting into details (TMI!!), we had a problem with the first speculum they tried, which caused them to have to use a second one. Big UGH. Once that was in place, I was already sore. Then came the fun with the catheter. Luckily, the first one they used (with the balloon) worked well. That was the painful part. I didn't feel much more discomfort with the dye, and then a few minutes later it was all over. I've only had some minor cramping this afternoon.

Another point of interest was the fact that I was lucky enough to have a student in there with us. He's in med school or whatever, so this was an observation for him. Let me tell you, what an uncomfortable thing to have to "show"! That situation actually helped me in the long run because the doctor (who was VERY nice) explained everything step by step to the other guy (who was younger than ME ) and I knew exactly what they were doing and what to expect.

The doctor could only give me preliminary results, as they take the film and pictures to another area where they have really big screens to check everything. But the GOOD news is that the dye went all the way through and we had spillage on each side (which is GREAT). No blocked tubes!! I know I used to have a very small fibroid on my uterus and I totally forgot to ask him if he could see it. I'll ask my doctor next week. So that's good so far, and hoping the rest of the news will be great as well!! Now my plan is to ride out this cycle like usual (and hopefully end with a BFP ). If I get pain with AF again (long story- it's been ongoing) then I have to go in to talk to my doctor about setting up a lap (which means another break from meds). If not, I'm going back to Clomid for a few cycles.

Holy cow was this long- I'm sorry!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.