View Single Post
January 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I cant truly answer since I have a 3 year old from a previous relationship but he didnt get to do the pregnancy/brand new baby thing since she was 6 weeks old when we met so:

When you think of your DH as a Daddy, what do you imagine? n/a

What do you think will be your DH's strong points, and where will he struggle (as a new dad)?
He has more strong points than I do when it comes to newborns.
He's the baby guy..he's just so good with babies that our friends have even phoned in the middle of the night when their babies are screaming and they cant figure out what to do. He'll hold the baby for less than a minute and its done crying.

However he's not very confident in his abilities to parent an older toddler/child so he'll worry about two kids and he'll be terrified of the first time he's alone with both of them.

He struggles with discipline and leaves it to me so as a result Marissa does not listen to him at all. He can say something 10 times and she wont do it but the second I open my mouth its done.

What are you looking forward to seeing most between your DH and your little bundle of joy?

I really want him to experience the brand new baby stage. Marissa was 6 weeks old when we met so he never got to truly see it. I cant wait to see the look on his face when he's holding a brand new baby and I cant wait to experience the firsts with him.

Its nice for me because I get to see the birth,coming home from the hospital,first bath & first smile through the eyes of a first timer again. I'm really looking forward to that.