View Single Post
January 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
Quote:
Thanks for the replies! I have part of the blood test back - my anti-thyroid hormones are 418 (supposed to be <35). But they started over 1000 about 2 years ago, so they're going the right way. And I don't have any proteins in my urine, which the doc said means there's no significant organ involvement, which is good. But I still don't know what I've got, yet.

Found out also that back in 2000, I had a positive ANA test with a titre of 1:320. Don't know what the fluorescent pattern was. They didn't diagnose me with anything then because there were no other symptoms other than fatigue, and I was taking some meds which they said could affect the result. But I wonder if something was going on back then already. The titre this time was 1:640 with a speckled/nucleolar pattern, which is I guess why he's thinking scleroderma. [/b]
1:640 is a high titre. my highest titre so far has been a 1:320. i also have had a speckled pattern also. for a fine speckled pattern the diagnosis rate for sjogren's syndrome is 95%, sle 40$ and scleroderma is only 5%. http://www.ii.bham.ac.uk/clinicalimmunolog...library/ANA.htm

have you had any other tests done? (anti - ro, anti la, anti dsdna?)