View Single Post
February 21st, 2006, 03:29 PM
soontobemommyto3
Technically I had a stillbirth since I delivered my baby at 20 weeks, but she died around 19 weeks so my DR classified her as a m/c (which kind of pissed me off since I went through labor and delivery - but that is an other story).

Anyhow... She was my 3rd pregnancy and I did feel movement. I started feeling movement around 10 weeks or so. The week she died I wasn't feeling movement. I remember the last time I really felt a kick, I was 19 weeks 1 day. After that I assumed she moved into a position I just couldn't feel, which does happen. I kept thinking I felt little movements after that, which I probably did, it was probably just her body floating around, but I never felt a kick again after 19 weeks. At 20 weeks and 1 day I started having some cramping, since this was my 3rd I knew it wasn't just any cramping, it felt like contractions. I went to the bathroom and wiped and saw brown blood. Not a good sign.

I called the DR who had me come right in and I thought I was just having preterm labor and he'd give me something for it and I'd go home. When I sat on the exam table I had this sinking feeling, even before the u/s that she was gone. He put the u/s thingy on my tummy and I knew that second she was gone.

Afterwards I went to see a Perinatologist (long story) and asked her about that, should I have been more concerned when I stopped feeling kicks and called the OB right away? She said no, I did everything fine. At 20 weeks you can't always feel movement all the time.

This time I started feeling movement around 9 weeks and it comes and goes and I freak out all the time but I got a doppler so that when I don't feel movement I can listen to the h/b.

Sorry for the book... hope some of it helps.