Topic: btdt mama's
View Single Post
January 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Jennifer the Momma
With dd it was the desire/necessity to not wake my son (almost 3) and my mom (grr..she woke up about 20 minutes before the birth). With ds2, gosh...the first 3 days were nothing (long darn labor)...I knew that after a minute or two I'd have another 10 with no contractions. On baby day, I did really well until the last 2 hours. My goal then was not to freak the kids out (5 & 2) since it was just the 3 of us at home. When dh got home, I lost some of my inner strength because I knew I could count on him and I cried a lot the last two hours. I shouldn't have though, it made things very difficult on him and freaked him out. Next time I'll probably try to labor alone as long as possible and call him to the room when the baby is coming. I'm not very good at focusing or channeling or meditating or anything like that.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.